Are you ready?
To get the most out of your experience, begin preparing now! Here are some ideas:
- Start memorizing the book of Philippians in the King James Version. You will be required to recite the book word-perfect by the end of week 4.
- If you haven’t already done so, begin exercising regularly. Either once a day or every other day, try:
- Walking a mile
- Running for ten minutes without stopping to rest
- Practicing abdominal crunches, flutter kicks, push-ups, and other aerobic exercises
- Test your gear as much as possible.
- Carefully review the STEP packing list on the Eligibility & Application page, to ensure that you’ve got all the required items.
- Make sure that your pack is the right size and can comfortably hold between 10 and 15 pounds.
- Your tent should be light, but durable enough not to withstand heavy use.
- Make sure your hiking shoes and tennis shoes fit comfortably; a poor fit will cause blisters within an hour or two.
- Before you arrive, clearly label all of your gear and clothing items with your name.
- Finally, practice rising early and spending time in prayer and personal Bible study. STEP is designed to help you draw closer to the Lord; start now!